A native of New York City, Mr. Palmeri was personally appointed as a prosecutor in Brooklyn’s Kings County District Attorney’s Office by the Honorable Charles J. Hynes. During his tenure, Mr. Palmeri litigated a wide array of felony and misdemeanor cases and was involved in the specialized, high profile prosecutions through the Major Narcotics Investigations Bureau. Prior to his experiences in private practice and the District Attorney’s Office – where he earned a reputation for advocacy, professionalism and integrity – Mr. Palmeri also earned the privilege of working in the United Stated District Court, Southern District of New York under the Honorable George B. Daniels.
Upon completing his term in Brooklyn, Mr. Palmeri entered private practice. For the last 10 years Mr. Palmeri has worked feverishly as a criminal defense, transactional, and litigation attorney, including matters pertaining to personal injury and business and real estate. During this time, Mr. Palmeri decided to move his family and talents to South Florida. Today, he manages cases in both Florida and New York, and brings his Brooklyn-bred litigating aggression and experience to Miami & Fort Lauderdale.
Mr. Palmeri also serves as General Counsel to several multi-million dollar private equity/asset management companies, and has merged his legal prowess with C-level corporate operations and legal oversight.
Areas of Law
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury / Automobile Accidents
- Homeowner Property Damage / Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Transactional Law
- Corporate Formation & Compliance
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
- New York State, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 2011
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2013
- Florida State, 2014
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2015
- Arizona State, 2016 (Pro Hac Vice)
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D. 2003
- State University of New York Albany, Dual B.A. 2000
- Staff Member, New York Litigator Law Journal
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable George B. Daniels, United States District Court, S.D.N.Y.
- National Italian American Bar Association, Member
- Il Circolo Italian Cultural Society, Member
Community and Civic Involvement
- Fort Lauderdale Charter Revision Board, Appointed Member (Former)
- Hiram Will Tell It To The Judge, New York Post (September 15, 2009)
- Note, 8 NYSBA Crim. Just. J. 167 (Winter, 2000)