Born in Brooklyn, NY, Mr. Zipris suffered a traumatic personal injury as a child. Though his family moved to Miami-Dade County soon after, the incident left him with a life-long desire to help other personal injury victims.
After graduating high school in South Florida, Mr. Zipris went on to attend the University of Florida where he earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in History. It was there that he developed and honed the writing and research skills that would later prove valuable as a litigator.
Mr. Zipris went on to attend St. Thomas University School of Law, where he graduated with his Juris Doctorate Degree. He emerged from law school as a fierce and compassionate attorney. But he never forgot his life threatening childhood accident, which gave him a sense of compassion and dedication to his clients.
Mr. Zipris is also a litigator who focuses on bankruptcy and complex commercial cases. While his cases can involve virtually any type of business in any type of dispute, they are often the toughest kind, involving multiple parties and a tangle of legal issues. As a trial lawyer, his effectiveness is rooted in his many years of business and legal experience.
Areas of Law
- Litigation, mediation, alternative dispute resolution, class actions
- Construction litigation, arbitration, mediation
- Personal injury claims
- Product liability claims
- Consumer bankruptcy matters
- Creditor representation
- Collection claims
- Deceptive trade practices
- Insurance coverage, as well as errors & omissions claims
- Property damage claims (first and third party)
- Foreclosures, replevin of personal property, tax sales, workouts
- Libel, slander, defamation, and violation of privacy
- Real estate advisory and disputes
- Real estate title representation
- Florida, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2009
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D. 2006
- University of Florida B.A. 2003
- The Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association
- Member of Attorneys Tittle Fund
- Member of National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Fluent In Hebrew
- Strong belief in mentoring and assisting under privileged communities